Thank you for visiting this site!
Effective date 28 April, 2018
Information we collect
ActVance collects personal data on certain areas of the Sites when you register for ActVance newsletters and alerts, sign up for conferences and events, and/or participate in public user posting areas (such as bulletin boards, discussion forums and surveys). The personal data collected varies across the Sites and may include information that you provide, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, and background information required to help you with specific services. For instance, by registering for ActVance (Thomas Barta) newsletters or alerts, you agree to receive the correspondence to which you have subscribed at the e-mail address that you provided at registration. Only ActVance or its agents will contact you using this e-mail address. We will send e-mails to this address related to your registration.
We may also automatically collect information about the devices you use to interact with our Sites. The information we automatically collect may include IP address, device identifier, web browser, and browsing information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixels, clear gifs, and other similar technologies (collectively “Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies”) on our Sites. We may also automatically collect information about how you use the Sites, such as what you have searched for and viewed on the Sites. The information automatically collected will be associated with any personal data you have provided. For example we are using hotjar to optimize the user experience.
Use of information
Our Sites do not collect personal data about your online activities over time and across third party websites or online services. Therefore, “do not track” signals transmitted from web browsers do not apply to our Sites, and we do not alter any of our data collection and use practices upon receipt of such a signal.
Use of information collected via mobile devices
In connection with our mobile applications, ActVance may use third party service providers to analyze non-personally identifiable user activity to fix errors, monitor usage, and improve the performance of the mobile applications. For example, ActVance receives reports on some of our mobile applications’ aggregate usage and browsing patterns, including information about the type of device used, articles accessed, and other events occurring within our apps. ActVance also receives reports on certain errors occurring within mobile applications. None of these third-party service providers gathers information in a manner intended to identify any particular user personally.
Data recipients and international data transfers
Personal data collected on the Sites may be transferred from time to time to ActVance subsidiaries and affiliates and their personnel across our global organization, as well as to our third-party service providers located throughout the world, including in countries where the local law may grant you fewer rights than you have in your own country. Additionally, the Sites may be viewed and hosted by ActVance and our third-party service providers anywhere in the world. By using any of the Sites and providing information on any of them, you voluntarily consent to such trans-border transfer and hosting of such information.
ActVance will not intentionally disclose or transfer (and will take reasonable steps to prevent the unauthorized or accidental disclosure of) your personal data to third parties without your consent, whether for such third parties’ own marketing purposes or otherwise, except as follows. ActVance may provide access to your personal data to third party service providers engaged by ActVance to provide services related to the Sites, provided that such third- party service providers will first agree to maintain the strict confidentiality of such information and provide the same level of data security as provided by ActVance.
We also may share your personal data with third party service providers who perform services and functions on our behalf to support our interactions with you, including, for example, administering surveys or contests, or communicating with you. These third-party service providers are not permitted to use or disclose your personal data except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
If we are required to do so by law or legal process;
To law enforcement authorities or other government officials;
When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
If disclosure is necessary to protect the vital interests of a person;
To protect our property, services and legal rights;
To prevent fraud against ActVance, our subsidiaries, affiliates and/or business partners;
To support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions; or
To comply with any and all applicable laws.
In addition, we may disclose or transfer your personal data in the event of a re-organization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, or other transfer or disposition of all or any portion of our business.
You should be aware that whenever you publicly disclose information online, that information could be collected and used by others. ActVance is not responsible for any action or policies of any third parties who collect information that users publicly disclose in any such forums on the Sites.
Link to third-party sites
The Sites may allow you to sign into and associate your social network accounts including, but not limited to, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and YouTube, with ActVance. The Sites also may allow you to log in to a ActVance account using certain social network account credentials.
If you would like to disconnect a social media account from us, refer to the settings of that social network account and its provider.
ActVance has implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security to protect personal data from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Only authorized ActVance personnel and third-party service providers are provided access to personal data, and these employees and service providers are required to treat this information as confidential. Despite these precautions however, ActVance cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not obtain access to your personal data.
Data retention policy
The Sites are not designed for or directed at children 13 years of age or younger, and ActVance does not intentionally collect or maintain personal data about anyone under this age.
Where granted by local law, you may have the right to request access to the personal data that we have collected about you for the purposes of reviewing, modifying, or requesting deletion of the data. You may also have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we have collected about you and to have any inaccuracies in that data corrected. In certain circumstances, you may also request that we cease processing your personal data.
If you would like to make a request to access, review, or correct the personal data we have collected about you, or to discuss how we process your personal data, please contact us at social@ActVance.com. To help protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as requiring a password and user ID, before granting access to your personal data. We will make reasonable attempts to promptly investigate, comply with, or otherwise respond to your requests as may be required by applicable law. Different laws may prevent us from providing access to your personal data or otherwise fully complying with your request depending upon the circumstances and the request, such as for example, where producing your information may reveal the identity of someone else. We reserve the right to charge an appropriate fee for complying with your request where allowed by applicable law, and/or deny your requests where they may be manifestly unfounded, and/or excessive, or otherwise objectionable or unwarranted under applicable law.
In addition, and where granted by local law, you have the legal right to lodge a complaint with a competent data protection authority.
Your California privacy rights
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83(c)(2), ActVance does not share your personal data with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing use.
Effective date: January 8, 2018
What are Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies?
A cookie is a small text file that can be stored on and accessed from your device when you visit one of our Sites, to the extent you agree. The other tracking technologies work similarly to cookies and place small data files on your devices or monitor your website activity to enable us to collect information about how you use our Sites. This allows our Sites to recognize your device from those of other users of the Sites. The information provided below about cookies also applies to these other tracking technologies. You can find more information at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
To administer our Sites and for research purposes, ActVance also has contracted with third-party service providers to track and analyze statistical usage and volume information from our Site users. These third-party service providers use persistent Cookies to help us to improve the user experience, manage our Site content, and analyze how users navigate and utilize the Sites.
First and Third-party Cookies
“First party Cookies” are cookies that belong to ActVance and that ActVance places on your device. “Third-party Cookies” are cookies that another party places on your device through our Site. ActVance may contract with third-party service providers to send e-mails to users who have provided us with their contact information. To help measure and improve the effectiveness of our e-mail communications, and/or to determine whether messages have been opened and links clicked on, the third-party service providers may place Cookies on the devices of these users.
For more information on how these companies collect and use information on our behalf, please refer to their privacy policies as indicated below.
We use the following types of cookies:
Session Cookies. Session Cookies are temporary and deleted from your machine when your web browser closes. We use session Cookies to help us track internet usage as described above.
The data collected by the Sites and/or through Cookies that may be placed on your computer will not be kept for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes mentioned above. In any event, such information will not be kept for longer than one year.
Our Cookies are used for the following purposes:
Cookie Type and Purpose
Strictly Necessary/ Technical: These Cookies are necessary to allow us to operate our Sites so you may access them as you have requested. These Cookies, for example, let us recognize that you have created an account and have logged into that account to access Site content. They also include Cookies that enable us to remember your previous actions within the same browsing session and secure our Sites.
Analytical/ Performance: These Cookies are used by us or third-party service providers to analyze how the Sites are used and how they are performing. For example, these Cookies track what pages are most frequently visited, and from what locations our visitors come from. If you subscribe to a newsletter or otherwise register with the Sites, these Cookies may be correlated to you. These Cookies include, for example, Google Analytics cookies.
Functionality: These Cookies let us operate the Sites in accordance with the choices you make. These Cookies permit us to “remember” you in-between visits. For instance, we will recognize your user name and remember how you customized the Sites and services, for example by adjusting text size, fonts, languages and other parts of web pages that are alterable, and provide you with the same customizations during future visits.
If you do not want Cookies to be dropped on your device, you can adjust the setting of your Internet browser to reject the setting of all or some Cookies and to alert you when a Cookie is placed on your device. For further information about how to do so, please refer to your browser ‘help’ / ‘tool’ or ‘edit’ section or see www.allaboutcookies.org . Please note that if you use your browser settings to block all Cookies (including strictly necessary Cookies) you may not be able to access or use all or parts or functionalities of our Sites.
If you want to remove previously-stored Cookies, you can manually delete the Cookies at any time. However, this will not prevent the Sites from placing further Cookies on your device unless and until you adjust your Internet browser setting as described above.
For more information on the development of user-profiles and the use of targeting/advertising Cookies, please see www.youronlinechoices.eu if you are located in Europe or www.aboutads.info/choices if in the United States.
Effective date: May 24, 2018
actvance and ThomasBarta.com are brands used under license by actvance GmbH. actvance GmbH and its affiliates (“actvance” or “we”) provides its content on this Web site (the “Site”) subject to the following terms and conditions (the “Terms”). We may periodically change the Terms, so please check back from time to time. By accessing and using this Site, you agree to these Terms.
1. Copyrights. All content and functionality on the Site, including text, graphics, logos, icons, and images and the selection and arrangement thereof, is the exclusive property of actvance or its licensors and is protected by German and international copyright laws. All rights not expressly granted are reserved.
2. Trademarks. The trademarks, service marks, designs, and logos (collectively, the “Trademarks”) displayed on the site are the registered and unregistered Trademarks of actvance and its licensors. You agree that you will not refer to or attribute any information to actvance or its licensors in any public medium (e.g., press release, Web sites) for advertising or promotion purposes, or for the purpose of informing or influencing any third party and that you will not use or reproduce any Trademark of, or imply any endorsement by or relationship with, actvance or its licensors.
3. Use of site content. actvance hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable license for the term hereof to access and download, display, and print one copy of the content and functionality displayed on the Site (the “Site Content”) on any single computer solely for your internal, business use, provided that you do not modify the site content in any way and that you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices displayed on the Site Content. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, distribute, transmit, post, or disclose the Site Content without actvance’s prior written consent.
4. User Postings. You acknowledge and agree that actvance shall own and have the unrestricted right to use, publish, and otherwise exploit any and all information that you post or otherwise publish on the Site in postings, survey responses, and otherwise, and you hereby waive any claims against actvance for any alleged or actual infringements of any rights of privacy or publicity, moral rights, or rights of attribution in connection with actvance’s use and publication of such submissions. You covenant that you shall not post or otherwise publish on the site any materials that (a) are threatening, libelous, defamatory, or obscene; (b) would constitute, or that encourage conduct that would constitute, a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate law; (c) infringe the intellectual property, privacy, or other rights of any third parties; (d) contain a computer virus or other destructive element; (e) contain advertising; or (f) constitute or contain false or misleading statements. actvance does not and cannot review all information posted to the Site by users and is not responsible for such information. However, actvance reserves the right to refuse to post and the right to remove any information, in whole or in part, for any reason or for no reason.
5. Notices of Infringement and Takedown by actvance. actvance prohibits the posting of any information that infringes or violates the copyright rights and/or other intellectual property rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of any person or entity. If you believe that your intellectual property right (or such a right that you are responsible for enforcing) is infringed by any content on the Site, please write to actvance at the address shown below, giving a written statement that contains: (a) identification of the copyrighted work and/or intellectual property right claimed to have been infringed; (b) identification of the allegedly infringing material on the site that is requested to be removed; (c) your name, address, and daytime telephone number, and an e-mail address if available; (d) a statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work and/or exercise of the intellectual property right is not authorized by the owner, its agent, or the law; (e) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that the signatory is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the right that is allegedly infringed; and (f) the signature of the intellectual property right owner or someone authorized on the owner’s behalf to assert infringement of the right. actvance will remove any posted submission that infringes the copyright or other intellectual property right of any person. Under appropriate circumstances, persons who repeatedly submit infringing or unlawful material will be prohibited from posting further submissions. actvance’s contact for submission of notices under this Section 5 is: actvance GmbH Heinestrasse 15a, 50931 Köln, Germany.
6. Disclaimers. the content and functionality on the site is provided with the understanding that actvance is not herein engaged in rendering professional advice and services to you. all content and functionality on the site is provided “as is,” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. actvance and its third-party content providers make no warranties, express or implied, as to the ownership, accuracy, or adequacy of the site content. actvance shall have no liability or responsibility for any information published on linked web sites, contained in any user submissions published on the site, or provided by third parties. neither actvance nor its third-party content providers shall be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages or for lost revenues or profits, whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages or losses and regardless of the theory of liability.
8. Governing Law; Jurisdiction. These Terms are governed by the laws of Germany without reference to the principles of conflicts of laws thereof.
Bei Fragen und Anregungen zum Inhalt der Website schicken Sie uns bitte eine email an social(at)actvance.com.
Images & Designs
actvance GmbH, iStockphoto, Elegant Themes.